Travel Update Montana COVID-19 Updates
Great Northern Resort/Jennifer Mooney Photography

State of Montana Marriage License Basics

You do not need to be a Montana resident to apply for a marriage license. You'll simply need to visit the office of the Clerk of District Court in any Montana county and pay a minimal cash fee. You can use your marriage license immediately, and it remains valid for 180 days. Both individuals are required to appear in person for the license with a valid photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.

You must be at least 16 to get married in Montana, and people under the age of 18 require parental consent, approval by a judge and premarital counseling.

Some Montana venues may require special permits. For example, in state parks, groups of 30+ are subject to a special-use permit and a greater fee. Contact a regional park manager for more information. Glacier National Park also requires a special use permit for most areas of the park.

Debbie Picard

Contact Debbie Picard
Director of Sales

Email Debbie
Phone: 406.532.3234
Toll Free: 800.956.6537

News from Glacier National Park Currently, 29 miles of the Going-to-the-Sun Road are open for travel.

Connect With Glacier Country

Western Montana Summer Events

Read more

10 Unique Outdoor Finds in Western Montana

Read more

Guided Hikes and Walks in Western Montana

Read more

Call for expert help


Travel Update Montana COVID-19 Updates